Part 1(https://endpointmanagers.com/hardware-and-software-assessment-with-configmgr-part-1) talked about the Devices
Part 2(https://endpointmanagers.com/hardware-and-software-assessment-with-configmgr-part-2) talked about the Operating System
Part 3(https://endpointmanagers.com/hardware-and-software-assessment-with-configmgr-part-3) talked about the Office
Part 4(https://endpointmanagers.com/hardware-and-software-assessment-with-configmgr-part-4) talked about the Office AddIns
Part 5(https://endpointmanagers.com/hardware-and-software-assessment-with-configmgr-part-5) talked about the Browser and now we’ll look at the Internet Explorer Plugins and as always, all queries can be found at my github repository at https://github.com/dotraphael/ConfigMgr_SQL_HW_SW_Assessment.
In this post, I’ll be using the IEPlugin.sql query.
- Connect to the ConfigMgr server
- Change the Database to your ConfigMgr database and open the IEPlugin.sql file
- Change the @CollectionID to the collection you want to filter and click Execute
- In the result, select all and then right click and click Copy with headers
- Open in excel and past the results
- On the Home tab, click Format as table and select the format.
- On the Format as Table, confirm the My Table has headers and click Ok
- On the Insert tab, click Pivot Table
- On the Pivot Table, select the Add this data to the Data Model and click Ok
- On the New Sheet, select Insert tab and then Recommended Charts.
- Select the chart template and click Ok
Now we’re almost ready. We have our source of details as well as a way to visualise the data and now it is time to play with the content.
With the return of the device query, we can analyse the following:
- Publisher Analysis
- Description Analysis
- Product Analysis
- Product & Versions
So to do this you’ll need:
- On the PivotChart Fields drag the ResourceID to the Values twice. For both of them, click on the arrow and select Value Field Settings and then select Distinct count under summarise value field by
- For the 2nd, change to the Show values as tab and select % of grand total under Show value as
- Drag the SCCM Managed and LastInventory to filters. Filter the SCCM Managed to Enabled and the LastInventory unselect the Never
Now it is time to look at each individual item
- Publisher Analysis: Drag the Publisher field to Rows
- Description Analysis: Drag the PlugInDescription field to Rows
- Product Analysis: Drag the ProductName field to Rows.
- Product & Versions Analysis: Drag the ProductName and ProductVersion fields to Rows.
Article originally published on LinkedIn.